The E4Impact Foundation is looking to recruit a Trainer/Coach to spearhead E4Impact Foundation activities implementation in the AICS Kenya Economic Recovery to the Impact of Covid-19 On Agri-Food Value Chain In Kenya Project, focused on the agri-food sector and with an approach based on the value chain and on the support to cooperatives of small-holder producers. The action aims to improve the socio-economic status and contribute to the economic recovery of smallholder farmers residing in three counties (Meru, Embu and Tharaka Nithi) by strengthening the identified cooperatives, in order to optimize local production, promote jobs creation, increase average income and improve the food security status of the beneficiaries. The project implementation is being undertaken by a consortium of two organizations namely; AVSI Foundation and E4Impact Foundation.
The Project Trainer/Coach will mainly be responsible for working closely with Project Coordinator and beneficiaries in the field. Specifically, the Trainer/coach will: –
- Deliver training sessions in entrepreneurship, business modeling, and marketing among other areas.
- Be responsible for the implementation of project plans in the field.
- Support in the development of training content and materials (manuals/handbooks.
- Use appropriate training methodology to deliver training to achieve project objectives.
- Assist the identified cooperatives to develop sustainable business models.
- Supporting program participants to prepare pitch decks/business plans and present their business ideas to a panel of investors and stakeholders.
- Assist members of the cooperatives in the creation of a network including potential suppliers, partners, customers, and distributors.
- Assist in the selection of entrepreneurs who qualify for business plan competition with support from the project coordinator.
- Prepare participants for the business plan competition.
- Support members of cooperatives (especially young people and women) who want to create agricultural start-ups and consolidate their start-ups through remote coaching, testing and validation of assumptions, and progressive implementation of the updated business model.
- Compile semi-annual and annual project narrative reports and any other project field reports.
- Provide direct one-on-one coaching to entrepreneur and smallholder farmers on developing business, marketing and financial models following E4Impact methodology.
- To facilitate and organize the meetings and events regarding project activities.
- To develop a proper archiving system for the project-related reporting and correspondence.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with local coordination structures, partners and stakeholders,
- Network and represent E4Impact Foundation in the field.
- Support in any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in animal science/ entrepreneurship or related field.
- At least 3 years of technical experience in dairy management & business development
- Previous experience in project management
- Previous work or volunteer experience with women and youth.
- Familiarity in implementing Donor funded project is an added advantage.
- Extensive work experience in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work under harsh conditions.
- Good communication, negotiation, public speaking, interpersonal and organization skills
- Proficient Computer skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Field-based-Meru with frequent travel within Meru, Embu and Tharaka Nithi counties.
- Reports to the Project Coordinator based in Meru.
How to apply
All applications should be emailed to email@example.com by 10th February 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.