The E4Impact Foundation is looking to recruit a Lead Trainer to spearhead E4Impact Foundation
activities implementation under the Economic Recovery to The Impact of Covid-19 on Agri-
Food Value Chain in Kenya Project. This is a three (3) years project funded by the Italian
Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS). The other implementing Partners are AVSI
Foundation and the local County Governments of Meru, Tharaka Nithi and Embu.
The goal of the project is to improve the socio-economic status and recovery of a minimum of
15,000 smallholder dairy farmers from thirty (30) selected producer-farmer groups in the three (3)
counties by enhancing Agri-Producer Cooperatives/groups to increase production, job creation,
incomes, and food security. Essentially, the project has the following three key objectives:
- Production and income levels of small holder farmers rebuilt and restored.
- Agri-Producers Cooperatives leadership, management, accountability, storage and
processing capacity reinforced.
- Access to structure in-put and out-put market, coordination and networking of Agri-food
value chain actors improved.
The Lead Trainer will mainly be responsible for working closely with beneficiaries on the
ground. Specifically, the s/he will: –
- Be responsible for the implementation of program and project plans on the ground.
- Develop and coordinate field-level operations to ensure adequate and efficient service
provision to project beneficiaries.
- Deliver training sessions in entrepreneurship, business modeling, marketing and financial
- Use appropriate training methodology to deliver training.
- Assist in value chain identification, mapping, and analysis.
- Support in the development of training content and materials (manuals/handbooks).
- Coordinate printing and delivery of training materials.
- Compile semi-annual and annual project narrative reports and other field reports.
- Monitoring of project activities and expected results.
- Support in direct one-on-one coaching to entrepreneurs on developing business,
marketing, and financial models following the E4Impact methodology.
- To facilitate and organize the meetings and events regarding project activities.
- To develop a proper archiving system for project-related reporting and correspondence.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with local coordination structures,
partners, and stakeholders.
- Developing partnerships with other NGOs/partners in the region.
- Ensure that E4Impact Foundation adequately engages with the local leadership structure,
and that project information and all advocacy issues are communicated, as necessary.
Academic Qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Entrepreneurship/Business Management / B. Com.
- 3 years’ experience in Project Management.
- At least 5 years’ experience in supporting enterprises.
- Familiarity in implementing Donor funded project is an added advantage.
- Ability to work under multicultural environment.
- Ability to work under harsh condition.
- Excellent communication skills appropriate to the audience.
- Proficient Computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages.
- Excellent report writing skills.
Field-based with frequent travel within the 3 target Counties and reports to the Country Manager
based in Nairobi.
How to apply.
All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before or on 31st October 2022
with the Subject line: Recruitment – Lead Trainer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.