About Sweet Africa
Sweet Africa is an innovative Italian start-up company in the food industry transforming fresh tropical fruits (mango, pineapple, tropical mix, banana, papaya, coconut) into dried fruits.
We’re a team of food technology professionals with a vast experience and expertise in handling, processing and marketing fruit and vegetable-based products. We operate according to the most accurate safety food standards and we’re working in order to implement blockchain. The product is manufactured and packed in Kenya and then exported to Europe and United States.
Vacancy: Operations Lead – Kenya
Reporting to: General Manager, Kenya
Internal inter-functional relationships: All
External inter-functional relationships: Suppliers and stakeholders
The person will ensure the efficiency and quality of the supplier order fulfillment process, the logistics management of goods with a view to achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction, quality control of the product supplied by suppliers to Sweet Africa according to stipulated standards. He/she will visit suppliers while preparing orders.
- Operate in compliance with the directives received, approved plans, company policies and procedures
- Ensure the consistency, quality and timing of the activities and actions necessary to carry out the fulfillment of orders and timely delivery of goods.
- Prepare weekly reports on your activities.
Tasks and Duties
• Knowledge of the company and group objectives and policies.
• Full use of the supplier area management system – Blockchain –
• Timely management of communications and problems relating to your business.
• Weekly report to management.
- Collaboration with the General Management and the Kenya manager in the management of product procurement including commercial relations with suppliers.
- Visit the suppliers to verify the correct development of the production cycle according to the quality standards set by Sweet Africa.
- Coordinate the logistics of orders to suppliers (export of goods), including the management of relations with the shipping agency.
- Management and control of the administrative documents of the passive cycle (documents for logistics).
Management and control of primary and secondary packaging – quality and quantity.
- Availability to visit suppliers and in particular and at least once a week meeting with the Sweet Africa manager in Kenya Mr. Elio Lolli in THIKA.
- Excellent knowledge of English – Interest in learning Italian
- Use of computer systems (MS Office)
- Knowledge of the functioning of the mainstream social media
- Bachelor’s Degree in food or agriculture technology
- Availability to travel to Italy for a training period
Submit your interest by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Sweet Africa Operations Lead in the subject of the email. Deadline for submitting applications is on or before September 4th 2021.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.