OVERVIEW, MAIN TASKS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
E4Impact Foundation is one of the Implementing partners for the Action to Relaunch Agriculture, And Branding Internationalization of Kenyan Coffee In And Out Of Africa (ARABIKA), funded by the Italian Development Agency (AICS). The organization is looking to contract a local expert in coffee branding who will spearhead the achievement of the following key deliverables ;
- An in-depth analysis of the state of existing coffee brands, as well as on individual coffee profiles and labels, which are already existing and recognized at the national/county level.
- Set up a working group with all the main stakeholders, for an initial definition of the distinctive characteristics of the coffee brands to allow both greater local diffusion of the product and access to the international market.
- Creation of different “coffee profiles” according to the cultivation area or counties as well as different “quality labels” according to the county of origin of the product.
- Definition of the coffee brand identities on the following key elements: key brand values, product strengths, quality standards, social /environmental & brand elements.
- Definition of a communication strategy for each brand.
- Definition of the criteria that cooperatives and coffee growers must respect to use brands and services.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, brand development, communications. A Masters Degree and professional qualification are an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in marketing, brand development, or communications. Relevant experience in the coffee sector is an added advantage.
- A deep understanding of brand development in agribusiness value chains, with local and international /export components.
- Experience training coffee cooperatives or learning institutions on value chain analysis, management, business skills, value chain, and other topics related to the coffee sector.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with excellent organizational leadership skills, written and verbal communication skills,
HOW TO APPLY
If you possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly apply by sending your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th April 2022 with the Subject line: RECRUITMENT – LOCAL EXPERT IN COFFEE BRANDING.