E4Impact Foundation is one of the implementing partners in the ARABIKA project. ARABIKA is a project born out of the collaboration of the Governments of Kenya and Italy. It is funded by AICS, The Italian Agency for Development Cooperation. Its interventions target the whole coffee supply chain by focusing on: The organizational and management aspects of the producer cooperatives, A marketing component with a specific aim of improving the quality of the final product. The aim is to improve access to more lucrative markets, both locally and globally. The project is in line with the strategies of the national government and counties on the development of the coffee value chain.
The counties within the project scope are: Bungoma, Nyeri, Machakos, Murang’a, Kiambu, Meru and Embu. Within these 7 counties, 21 cooperatives are represented by 30,000 farmers who will benefit from the training and branding activities of the project. The project duration is 3 years: 2021 to 2024.
OBJECTIVE OF CONSULTANCY
The aim of this consultancy is to produce video content for cascade training of coffee cooperative managers within 7 counties in Kenya.
• Present a workplan for the assigned task specifying the timeline of events.
• Professional video production and editing of the cascade training videos.
• Produce a Swahili audio narration of the content based on the existing English content.
• Provide Subtitles for the Swahili narration in English.
• Conversion of the video clips in mp4 format.
DELIVERABLES AND EXPECTED OUTPUTS
- The consultant will produce 12 short videos (approximately 4 minutes each) in HD format which will have:
o Swahili audio narration and translated to English subtitles.
o Full usage rights for music or any other content used granted to the ARABIKA project.
o Work within the given timeline.
ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Exceptional videography skills.
- Excellent photo and video editing skills.
- Previous experience in producing quality videos.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and flexibility.
- Swahili language skills will be an advantage.
COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Consultant expressly assigns to the ARABIKA project any copyright arising from the works the consultant produces while executing this contract.
The consultant may not use, reproduce, copy, or otherwise distribute or authorize others to use, reproduce or distribute such works without prior consent from the ARABIKA project.
Payments will be made in two instalments as shown below:
• 30% after delivery of the work plan, shooting schedule and scripts.
• 70% after delivery and approval of the high-resolution videos.
All applicants should meet the minimum requirements described above and only short-listed
candidates will be contacted.
Each applicant should include the following in their application:
• Cover letter with the applicant’s current contact information.
• Show how the candidate’s previous experience matches the consultancy objectives as well as their interest for the position.
• Technical proposal on how they intend to carry out the consultancy.
• Financial proposal / detailed budget of the project.
• CV of consultant and professional references or letter of recommendation.
• Samples of recent similar assignments via online portfolios and links to video work done previously.
Interested parties should apply by sending your cover letter, CV and other required documents mentioned above to firstname.lastname@example.org before 18th October 2022 with the Subject line:
CONSULTANCY – ARABIKA PROJECT CASCADE TRAINING VIDEO PRODUCTION