E4I/Economic Recovery Project/RFP 1
Project Title: Economic Recovery Project Aid Code 012590/05/6
Duration of Contract: 6 Weeks
Subject: Assessing Quality of Dairy Commercial Feeds in Meru, Tharaka Nithi, and Embu Counties.
E4Impact Foundation is part of a consortium implementing The Economic Recovery to The Impact of Covid-19 on Agri-Food Value Chain in Kenya Project. This is a three (3) years project funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS). The other implementing Partners are AVSI Foundation and the local County Governments of Meru, Tharaka Nithi and Embu. The goal of the project is to improve the socio-economic status and recovery of a minimum of 15,000 smallholder dairy farmers from thirty (30) selected producer-farmer groups in the three (3) counties by enhancing Agri-Producer Cooperatives/groups to increase production, job creation, incomes, and food security. Essentially, the project has the following three key objectives:
- Production and income levels of small holder farmers rebuilt and restored.
- Agri-Producers Cooperatives leadership, management, accountability, storage and processing capacity reinforced.
- Access to structure in-put and out-put market, coordination and networking of Agri-food value chain actors improved.
Objective of the Consultancy
The objective of this consultancy assignment is to conduct a detailed quality assessment of dairy commercial feeds in Embu, Tharaka Nithi and Meru Counties for the purpose of enlightening the County governments on the quality of commercial feeds supplied in the selected counties. The findings will identify action points that will lead to the formulation of effective and efficient policies for quality feed.
The scope of work for consultancy in the various counties is as on the specific documents below:
- Terms of Reference – Meru County
- Terms of Reference – Embu County
- Terms of Reference – Tharaka Nithi County
Interested Firms or Individuals should provide the following documents together with the proposal:
- Technical proposal indicating prior experience and how this assignment will be executed.
- Financial proposal
- Recent CV with references
How to Apply
Consultants should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com indicating consultancy title as a subject on or before 11th August 2023