SHORT-TERM CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Support to Resilience for Sustainable Livelihoods, Isiolo County (DRIC) Project
The E4Impact Foundation is part of a consortium implementing “Support to Resilience for Sustainable Livelihoods” project in Isiolo County that is funded by the European Union. The overall objective of the EU Project is to contribute towards increased resilience to droughts and other negative impact of climate change for vulnerable groups and improve the nutrition status of children under 5 years in Isiolo County (WHA – Global Nutrition Target 1 for 2025). The Specific Objective of the project is: to enhance Food and Nutrition Security (FNS) for vulnerable Pastoralist and Agro-pastoralist Communities in Isiolo County, generating Sustainable livelihoods, protecting productive assets, and improving climate smart County service delivery.
The Expected Output
- ER1: Improved drought resilient and nutrition-sensitive agriculture/livestock production, integrated with conflict resolution and peace building strategies:
- ER2: Key productive household (HH) assets and community investments are sustainably built and recovery capacities against recurrent droughts are strengthened, with a particular focus on women’s economic empowerment:
- ER3: Isiolo County is empowered to address FNS issues, improved data collection and cross-sectoral collaboration to facilitate local political commitment and awareness raising
E4Impact is implementing activities related to strengthening resilience of pastoralist and agro-pastoralist communities through entrepreneurship, links to markets and development of value chains, enhancing the One Village One Product Initiative, and lobbying Isiolo County to incorporate climate smart technologies for strengthening resilience
About the consultancy
A big percentage of smallholder farmers in developing nations face challenges accessing debt financing. The absence of credit history leaves many potentially credit-worthy individuals without access to credit. Credit scoring has great potential to aid the economic growth of the an economy and can be a valuable tool for improving financial inclusion and efficiency.
E4Impact Foundation is currently seeking to hire a consultant to support with credit scoring of smallholder farmers targeted within the project to facilitate access to financing.
The assignment will entail.
- Engaging farmer’s groups and cooperatives to determine baseline information of the farmers
- Training on credit scoring to the targeted groups
- Determining status in terms of access to credit
- Determination of an appropriate credit scoring method for the groups
- Credit scoring 500 Cooperative Members for accessing personal loans- for development, paying school fees, starting or scaling an IGA
- Credit scoring 400 members of Women Self Help Groups to be able to access personal loans- for development, paying school fees, starting or scaling an Income Generating Activity
- Engaging relevant county officials in the exercise
The consultancy will focus on cooperatives and Women Self Help Groups drawn from Oldonyiro, Ngaremara, Chari, Cherab, Kinna, Garbatulla and Sericho.
The assignment is expected to start in October 2022 and be completed within 2 months. This period will cover preparation, field work including visits to the cooperatives/self-help groups, and completion of all the deliverables including all training and revision/submission of final reports, and follow-up calls with E4Impact foundation to monitor and support implementation.
Deliverables and Outputs:
The consultancy is expected to deliver the following outputs during and at the end of the consultancy assignment.
- Training Report on Credit scoring
- Determine the best credit scoring methodology
- Credit scores for 500 cooperative members
- Credit scores for 400 Women drawn from Women Self-Help Groups
a) Core responsibilities of the Lead Consultant:-
The lead consultant will be expected to perform the following core responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Smallholder farmers receive enough information on the data used and the decisions made on the basis of the credit scoring method
- Ensure transparency about the data collection process.
- Ensure data privacy is embedded in the data collection method
- Ensure that cooperative members are educated and made aware of the use of credit scores.
Interested Firms should provide the following documents together with the proposal:
- Technical proposal not exceeding 8 pages indicating prior experience and how this assignment will be executed.
- Financial proposal
- Recent CVs of consultants with references.
All applications should be emailed to email@example.com by the 15th of November 2022.